Forgiveness - The Way to Start Over

Unforgiveness is the number one reason many people are struggling to get ahead at life, because it is directly linked to your emotions which account for most of the decisions we make.
I was talking to my friend and life coach, Ms. Virginia Chepete, who has a radio show and also has a Facebook Page where she motivates people daily to live out a purposeful life. I was discussing a few issues with her that I felt were keeping me from progressing and she pointed out that there is a lot of forgiving I need to do - not just other people but myself too. At first I thought, "No I cannot possibly forgive that easily - well, I can pretend to but I know deep inside I won't." However, as we our conversation unfolded I really began to understand what she really meant.
Forgiveness is for yourself, not the other person. You need to forgive and accept what has happened - and you do not have to be in the perpetrator's company for you to have felt that you have truly forgiven someone. All you are doing for yourself is letting go of the bitterness and anger which steal your joy, peace and even laughter. Have you noticed that when you have not forgiven someone you become mentally tired and your energy is drained because you keep replaying the incident over and over? Isn't it about time you let go and just enjoy your life?
I could go into detail about the effects of unforgiveness but I do not want to - I want to give you a suggestion of how you can begin to work though it. This was suggested by Virginia Chepete, and I think it is a brilliant way to start your personal journey of unforgiveness.
Write letters to all the people who have hurt you and tell them how you feel and whatever else comes from your heart no matter what it is, sign it and then burn it up. Make a decision after you burn it to let go. It will remove a whole burden from your life. Do the same with people whom you have hurt and watch how you will feel.
Wishing you love and happiness, joy, light and love. It is now up to you to see how you will achieve that. Go out and forgive for your own good and wellbeing.
Forgiveness is for yourself, not the other person. You need to forgive and accept what has happened - and you do not have to be in the perpetrator's company for you to have felt that you have truly forgiven someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment